Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claw bleeding

4 posters

Go down

Claw bleeding Empty Claw bleeding

Post by OceaneKS Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:51 am

Hi all !

I am a bit worry because I just found Kunda bleeding from one of a back foot claw...
she was playing "tunnel" in my blanket and I did not know what happened: I was paying attention to Sanka (because playing in the bad is usually safe...) and when I turned around Kunda was spreading her blood on the blanket...

I immediately took her gently, washed the foot with physiological serum (without touching it), sprayed antiseptic and put her in the transport box with a towel, food and water. I think the blood started coagulating now but I cannot locate the wound...

Any advice on what I should do next (and if I did right...) ? Should I let her in the transport box for the night ?

I am a bit worry about her, also because tomorrow is bank holiday and I cannot take her to the vet (I bet they are all closed) and then I am supposed to work... I hope I did well and that she is going to be okay...

Thanks a million already !
OceaneKS
OceaneKS

Back to top Go down

Claw bleeding Empty Re: Claw bleeding

Post by eoghan Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:50 am

Sorry just saw this now. If its from the claw, she may have pulled the claw out or cracked it. the claw has a tiny vein in it so it should heal in a half hour or so. if she pulled the claw out then she may need the vet depending on whether its still bleeding or not after a few hours.
eoghan
eoghan
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by smokierat Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:21 pm

How is she now?
smokierat
smokierat

Back to top Go down

Post by OceaneKS Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:59 am

Hey !
She is absolutely fine now: she still have a part claw.
The wound stopped bledding very fast, half an hour or so after it started. I kept a careful look to it and there is no sign of infection. By this I mean that the toe is normally pink and not swollen... she also walk normally so I try not to worry too much Smile
OceaneKS
OceaneKS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobbie Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Great to hear that she is doing well Smile

Dobbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down