Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva

4 posters

Go down

More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva Empty More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva

Post by Francois Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:21 am

Its actually Jacks photoshoot, as we don't know how long he will be with us after diagnosed PT... Cry

Stiil, he looks just as magnificent in our eyes and you can see he is a courageous fighter and full of life Smile

He always looked a bit fluffy, almost like a rex, but he's a 100% non-pedigree mut and although he's a hoody, we call him our "cuty agouti" as he has rusted so beautifully.

Are you taking pictures of me?
More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva IMG_6553

Then make sure you get my good side!
More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva IMG_6554

Come to think of it....
More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva IMG_6561

I got 2 good sides!
More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva IMG_6566

More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva IMG_6564

Cuteness overload: Sunshine and Doodles yawn captured! Love
More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva IMG_6568

Bubbles: figures the tissue box is way more fun once you take all the tissues out! Grin
More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva IMG_6550

Shiva (Jack's sister): Getting pretty chubby there, so no more monkey peanuts for a while! Shocked
More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva IMG_6549

Then of course, one of these photos is just perfect for a rat-gag:

More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva Rattybigidiot

Last edited by Francois on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added rat-gag)

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva Empty Re: More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva

Post by Rattie_baus Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:45 am

those are just awesome- love the yawn! Love
jack looks very like my first rat- back in the days of disposable cameras and chemists developing pics for ya! i do need to get some of those scanned in to bore you all with.
Rattie_baus
Rattie_baus

Back to top Go down

More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva Empty Re: More pics of Jack, Doodles, Sunshine, Bubbles and Shiva

Post by Zoundz Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:36 am

Lovely pics! <3 I'd say he is a rex no? his whiskers look slightly wobbly? Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 am

Zoundz wrote:Lovely pics! <3 I'd say he is a rex no? his whiskers look slightly wobbly? Smile

xx

I'dd say he's a genuine north sider pet shop mut Smile His wiskers are not that wobbly, but his fur does have that rexie thing to it, like a bad hair day Laugh

The 2 boys I got from the DSPCA would certainly be more towards a good line (I suspect they've been dumped by a breeder) in terms of being way more gentle, social and meek.

Jack just has that spark in his personality, a joyfull mad rattieness, its hard to explain I guess, you just have to love him for it Smile His appearance seems to state the same: not really this and not really that Smile

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:13 pm

I sorto f see where you're coming from, but rats don't work like that Wink it's not about breeding - a rat is either a rex or not a rex - I would say he is a rex, just a very poor one in terms of coat type, as obviously they should be much much curlier. Same applies to Dumbo, you can't have half dumbos - they're either a dumbo or a top ear. All of the varieties you see are what they say on the tin, they're not a bit of this and a bit of that Smile

Jack looks like an agouti hooded rex (quite a nice hood on him too from those pics) - can't tell exactly which the others are from the pics - but looks like 3 black roans (possible that one is an agouti or mink roan as it looks a bit... browner) and a black berkshire Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Zoundz wrote:I sorto f see where you're coming from, but rats don't work like that Wink it's not about breeding - a rat is either a rex or not a rex - I would say he is a rex, just a very poor one in terms of coat type, as obviously they should be much much curlier. Same applies to Dumbo, you can't have half dumbos - they're either a dumbo or a top ear. All of the varieties you see are what they say on the tin, they're not a bit of this and a bit of that Smile

Jack looks like an agouti hooded rex (quite a nice hood on him too from those pics) - can't tell exactly which the others are from the pics - but looks like 3 black roans (possible that one is an agouti or mink roan as it looks a bit... browner) and a black berkshire Smile

xx

Thanks for the explanation! Smile
In layman terms you could say that Jack goes around showing his wildstreak, wears a track suit, but it isn't Lacoste or Adidas. Its just a bargain he snatched up at Pennies. It makes him a skanger, but definitely more the northside variety:lol:

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Aw what lovely pics, but then of course, they always are Smile glad to see Jack is continuing to do well Smile
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:25 am

katherine wrote:Aw what lovely pics, but then of course, they always are Smile glad to see Jack is continuing to do well Smile

Jack is doing well for his condition, but best we can do and hope is to keep him comfortable and keep him from worsening. He's quite wobbly on his legs, our main concern to keep him eating. With that he gets a smorgasbord of al his favourites and with that I kinda threw the sensible diet out of the window as he lost 40 grams of weight during the last week. I noticed that he will take in certain foods with more gusto then others, so I give him a wide choice. Yesterday he didn't touch his porridge but when I gave him smoked salmon, he wolfed in down and wanted seconds. This morning, boiled marrow fat peas did it for him. Sometimes he'll eat some full grain bread and I make sure to offer him food several times per day. He reacts well to the steroids, which I give in the evening, about an hour before his free ranging time. It gives him a bit of a boosts for his appetite as well. Much of the food would be gone or show signs of being eaten when I check him in the morning.

He still paces up and down the cage for his turn to go walkies, which is about 10 minutes before he goes into the digging box and takes a nap (I made a ramp out of a soft tunnel for him to go in there). I let him stay in there for an hour and then get him back out for grooming and cuddles. We give him a bath once a week as we notice that while he still makes an effort to groom, his belly gets quite dirty. He seems to enjoy the bath and the towel rubbing he gets afterwards Smile

Even with the long wide ramps in his 3 level cage, I found he's not stable enough and might fall from the ramps so we sealed of the top level of his cage and put a towel down with some carefresh bedding. For the first time he is actually using the litter tray to do his business Tongue

Its kinda sad to see what PT does to a rat, but if we can keep him as he is now and spoil him rotten for the time he has, I reckon he does not have a bad life. If it gets worse, there be hard decisions to come and we may have to let him go join his brother Ted.

We still have Ted's ashes in a container. Call me soppy, but eventually we will find them a resting place where they can be together...

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down