Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles

4 posters

Go down

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles Empty free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles

Post by Francois Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:49 am

first one out is always Jack, he gets lots of free ranging time as unfortunately he never got on with Sunshine and Doodles as being too territorial, but he's still our fluffy cuddly big boy.. Smile

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6429

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6428

Of course his rounds require a good inspection of the castle, those pesky young ones better not pee on my castle! Grin

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6422

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6425

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6424

And after a good inspection of his realm, he returns to his favourite past time and get some scritches while he relaxes Smile

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6405

Next up are the girls, that is, if we can find them, they like to make big clouds out of tissues and Bubbles like to play sniper, being well camouflaged. Can you spot the ratty? Smile

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6327

The girls love the little boys and always go to say hello. Here's Bubbles, saying "Hi" to Sunshine and Doodles

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6335

Here's Shiva, posing like a pro for the occasion Smile

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6418

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6419

And the 2 girls, with Bubbles in the foreground

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6337

Watching those silly girls is very thirsty work, so before the little boys go out, they share a drink Laugh

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6401

Then its roaming time for the little ones, who remain happily on the couch, they are very social and make sure we will notice them for being cute Love

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6380

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6374

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6371

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6358

Of course, they like to joke around, here's Doodles "got your nose" Laugh

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6450

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6451

But surely, young rats need their entertainment while their parents need some quiet time too. Nothing does the trick better then an Xbox Big Grin
I suspect Doodles is beating up a cat on Call of Duty Tongue ( https://youtu.be/AnfNAVbCryc )

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles IMG_6444

Last edited by Francois on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added rag gag link)

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles Empty Re: free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles

Post by Abdou Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:59 am

Brilliant pictures.... Thanks a million :-)

Abdou

Back to top Go down

free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles Empty Re: free ranging pics Jack, Shiva, Bubbles, Sunshine and Doodles

Post by lynnthered Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:47 am

Jack is just super! He's such a cuddly pudding Laugh

Bubbles looks almost identical to my Nathaniel (she's a she but with a boys name, heh long story!), though Nathaniel is a little tubbier Shocked
lynnthered
lynnthered

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Fantastc shots Francois! Grin They look great <3

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Zoundz wrote:Fantastc shots Francois! Grin They look great <3

xx

Thanks Zoundz, you set the standards for ratty pictures very high yourself Smile

I solved the little conundrum that I encountered with keeping good lighting and having sharp pics at the same time. The usual build in flash tends to turn pics rather "flat" or over exposed. Then without flash, I would usually switch to a higher ISO, but left with rather grainy pics Sad

Using a mounted digital flash with swivel sorted it out by aiming the flash to the ceiling to get a good light dispersal. With Jack's photo's I experimented with a 55-200mm zoom lens as they seem to get more depth in the pic.

I always found photographic animals quite challenging, especially ratties (will they ever sit still and pose! Laugh )

I usually end up with 50% of usable pics out of a session, so thank god for digital SLR's.

I'm using a Canon EOS 300D with hacked firmware (to unlock some D20 features) what do you use?

Cheers

Francois

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 am

Sounds very similar to what I do - with the flashgun Smile I'm currently (to my annoyance) shooting with a Nikon D80 and a variety of lenses. My Nikon D300s is in shop being repaired (will get it back end of January) - but on Wednesday I'm getting my grubby little paws on a Nikon D700! Grin Very excited about that, can't wait to see how it performs on the rats with a 50mm wide lens Smile

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down