Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing me....and our first two boys!

+2
siofradh
Diggerdawg
6 posters

Go down

Introducing me....and our first two boys! Empty Introducing me....and our first two boys!

Post by Diggerdawg Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:59 am

Hi all, my name is Eimear and up to now I've been owned by my dog Digger (loopy rescue red setter x), and two cats Kasumi and Minnalouche (one grey, one black. They came with my fiance when we moved in together, although I'd always had cats at home). I've wanted rats for as long as I can remember and finally, this Sunday I picked up my first two boys from Bongo Fury Grin

I would like to introduce Alcide (credit to Bongo Fury for the amazing photo!) who is 12 weeks old today.

Introducing me....and our first two boys! Alcide11

And here is his partner in crime, Hoyt (credit to Bongo Fury for the amazing photo!) who is 11 weeks old today.

Introducing me....and our first two boys! Hoyt10

They've been home just over 24 hours now and they're starting to settle in. I have a Ferplast Furet tower and Alcide is starting to make the most of the platforms in level 1. Hoyt doesn't seem to be as adventurous yet and seems to be sticking to the floor. Neither of them have braved the tube down to the lower level yet and I'm going to give them a bit more time to settle before putting them down there to try to climb up the tube.

Introducing me....and our first two boys! Cage11

Alcide seemed to be the more adventurous and was awake most of the 3 1/2 hour journey home and looking around....while Hoyt slept! And while Alcide has ventured around the cage more, Hoyt has taken to climbing onto my hand and enjoying petting already! We even got our first experience of bruxing from Hoyt this evening!

Here's a more adventurous moment from Alcide today

Introducing me....and our first two boys! Alcide12

And Hoyt doing one of his two favourite things so far....eating

Introducing me....and our first two boys! Hoyt_f10

I'm sure there'll be lots more photos along the way and I'll definitely have lots of questions!! Looking forward to chatting more and showing off my boys....I'm so proud of them. Laugh

Diggerdawg

Back to top Go down

Introducing me....and our first two boys! Empty Re: Introducing me....and our first two boys!

Post by siofradh Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:03 pm

AWW! they are little treasures, so jealous! id love a pair of bongo furys. one day maybe Love true blood names?! Tongue Tongue
siofradh
siofradh
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Introducing me....and our first two boys! Empty Re: Introducing me....and our first two boys!

Post by Diggerdawg Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:25 pm

They really are gorgeous and starting to settle really well now. Can't wait to see them blossom as they grow in confidence here. They are so sweet natured too.

Diggerdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggerdawg Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Oh and I forgot to say ! Well done on the True Blood name spot Laugh

Diggerdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:13 am

Awww - looks like they're settling well! Grin

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:19 am

There are both stunners Smile I'm sure you will enjoy their company and by the looks of it, they are getting spoiled Big Grin

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggerdawg Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:35 am

It's so funny and exciting seeing their personalities develop. Alcide is the more adventurous, while Hoyt is the lazier of the two and less inclined to explore so far. They both love their food! I can tell Alcide is going to be mischief! They are getting on well together and if I have Hoyt out for scritches Alcide isn't long trying to find him - as independent as he is.

Diggerdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by pajo82 Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:14 am

My boys Smile
I'm Pat. Diggerdawg's OH

pajo82

Back to top Go down

Post by GillianK Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:00 am

Hi, your rats are stunning!
GillianK
GillianK
Oldie
Oldie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggerdawg Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:34 am

Awww thanks. I think so Love Grin

Diggerdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down