Irish Rat Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shiva has PT....

3 posters

Go down

Shiva has PT.... Empty Shiva has PT....

Post by Francois Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:42 am

In the last few months we had to say goodbye to Ted and Jack who went well before their time as PT took them. Their sister, Shiva, the last remainder of the siblings now starts to topple to one side when she cleans herself, starts having trouble climbing and eating with her hands... I was suspicious over the last weeks, we even took her to the vet to have her checked out, but the uncertainty is gone.. she is in the early stages of PT... Yes, with medicine we can delay the inevitable, maybe 1 to 2 months while watching them wither slowly away. Does one really do them a favor with that? Maybe it is better to let it progress until all quality of life is spent and the merciful decision to be made...

As much we have loved Ted and Jack, and we still care for Shiva. The source of all this misery is clear: we got them from a pet shop that didn't care about breeding proper healthy lines and just put up feeders for sale... Although Ted and especially Jack had characters huge as houses and I am glad we got to share their lives...never ever again will I buy a rat from a pet shop....

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Shiva has PT.... Empty Re: Shiva has PT....

Post by Zoundz Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 pm

I've replied to this onour Facebook page as well, so I'll not go into everything here again, just to say I'm so sorry that you're going through this again Sad it's awful.

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Francois Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks Zoundz,

Its hard to see them go, no matter where they came from. I know you had your fair share of it as well Cry

I think its the last time a pet shop has seen us, though...

We will be making our appointment with the vet for Shiva today... Cry

But for any good it will do, we decided to take on rescues from here. Maybe they will come from pet shops, maybe not. The people that put them up for adoption will not likely buy another rat form a pet shop either, and these guys and girls deserve a good home.

We got a dumbo female coming in today, who we will intro to Bubbles towards the end of the week (we'll let things settle for Bubbles and the new arrival first)

Were actually looking to get in two additional boys (which we will keep in their own cage, as they are special need guys and need to take things slowly with them)

Also, I'm going to look for suppliers of bedding and feed that have nothing to do with pet shop breeding. I come to realize that the line needs to be drawn and not a cent should go towards people who are irresponsible in their breeding and care.

Francois
Deactivated
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoundz Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:35 pm

Absolutely how I feel! Smile

Hope things go well with your new addition - and very sorry about shiava Sad (((hug)))

xx
Zoundz
Zoundz
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.irishrats.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katherine Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:09 pm

Aw I'm so sorry :'( We can all see that you have given them the best lives.
katherine
katherine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down